Friday, September 13, 2013

Halving My Belongings

My organizational projects are mostly overwhelming. I don't like cutting them up into bite size pieces. I'd rather rush to clean my living space all at once in an adrenaline-induced flurry instead of picking up a few things here and there. 

So right now, I have a crazy goal. For the sake of floor-space and mental clarity, I want to get rid of at least half of my belongings. It's something I've been thinking about since I last moved. I don't like having so much stuff! It makes me feel claustrophobic. My room in the new apartment is terribly small, too. In order to go through my things, I would have to unpack them from where they are stored. It'd mess the whole room up. I would have to move my desk and a few other things into the living room to make space. Ugh. That reminds me- I need to buy a dresser. Most of my clothes (including articles I want to sell & donate) are still packed in boxes.

As horrible as it may seem, I think if I were to lose all of my possessions in a fire, it would be a very positive and freeing experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment