Thursday, September 5, 2013

"It's Called Work for a Reason"

My biggest goal in life is to love my career to pieces. I'll spend extra hours at the office, typing profusely and crossing off tasks. I've been working in retail for a short while, though, and it's already taking a toll on my spirits. Is it supposed to feel like this? Even the best of jobs are sometimes disheartening, but if you love it, it won't matter. I've worked 13 hour days on film sets before, but I never watched the clock. I really loved it. I wish entry-level film work paid more than a sandwich a day.

I think back to another popular phrase: 'Relationships are hard. Relationships take work.' It kept me going for a long time in an unhealthy relationship for a good while. His bipolar mood swings kept me on a somewhat random Pavlovian cycle. I tried leaving him a couple of times, but then he'd be so sweet and apologetic. I felt needed and my feelings were accepted, if only for a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment